Monday, January 2, 2012

Of Melaka Part 2 - Melaka Zoo

Badak sumbu - Rhinoceros

Of many things I learnt from our trip this time, one of them is that my husband loves going to the zoo while I enjoy looking at buildings slash architecture slash culture. I have nothing to say to my defense, in fact I confess that I regret I don't love animals like he does and that I did not let him spend more time in the zoo. I'm such a terrible wife, if only I love and love animal, we would have more things in common. 

But then, because he loves thing that I normally take for granted, I'd get the opportunity to appreciate them more. And to appreciate life. Because animals are God's creatures, while building and cultures are man's creations and exaggerations. Learning God's and man's creation should be an opportunity not to be missed. InsyaAllah.. So I would be happy to go to other zoos in the country with him next time, and especially with our children.

The first place we went as soon as we arrived in Melaka was actually Taman Mini Asean (because I like to see the house miniatures? yes) but the place was closed due to construction so this first-place trophy goes to Melaka Zoo. RM7 per entry for adult during day time and RM10 for night time. 

Because I haven't been to the zoo for so long, which the last time was the Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre, I was actually quite amazed with the landscape. Despite its location next to the main road, the zoo is canopied by the huge and tall trees, hence the shaded and most importantly, breezy environment. 

Top left clockwise - Zebra; deers, Malayan tiger, bears.

Top left clockwise - Orang Utan; Orang Utan baby; Chimpanzee; Wildbeest

Capybara

Tapir

Some bulls I can't get to remember the names

Crocodiles sharing man-made pond. A bit too crowded I think.

Can't help taking this picture. Hornbills should remind me of Sarawak, but what I could remember was Luffy and their adventure to Skypea

Baboon?

Although it's fun looking at the animals, it is actually not fun looking at some of them living in the habitat they are not familiar with. Plus, with the constraint of cages, fences etc limiting their natural activities. And being fed with food from the foodtrays. Truthfully, I feel sorry for them. I would prefer them to be let free in their natural environment. Like the safari in Africa. That one, I would LOVE to go and see. 

Overall, the zoo was awesome. Despite many people coming, it didn't feel crowded. Kids would love this place very much. We might come back later. 


No comments: